Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thank goodness it's only 3 times a year...

Report cards.
I'm writing them now.  I'm grateful that my current school has trimesters instead of quarters - one less set of reports to write a year.  With 13 years of report card writing experience, you would think it gets easier, but it really doesn't.  Each child is different, each school is different, each year I teach different stuff (or so it seems with all the changes in curriculum).  And then there is always that kid (or two, or ten) who you want to be blatantly honest with and write the TRUTH straight out in that report card comment box.  But you know if you did that, you'd get fired.  Things like...


  • Your kid is lazy.  
  • You are a bad parent when you let your child stay up until midnight every night.
  • Your kid is not smart enough to be above grade level like you want her to be.  Accept that she is average.
  • Your child has anger management issues and it is obvious that he has learned it from you by the way you talk to his teachers!


During one of my "breaks" from these dreaded reports, I googled a bit and found some funny teachers out there who feel my pain...

Funny Report Card Notes from Teachers

Good luck to all the teachers writing their reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment